Just a Thought / Smaoineamh
There are high expectations put on all of us in these Advent weeks. Some of these are artificially high. We’re expected to be in good form and to be in good spirits. Not everyone can meet these high expectations and this can lead to so much unnecessary stress and worry. The greatest gift we can give to those closest to us is to walk with them and be their friend. When we do this we pull down all expectations and allow someone just to be themselves.
Feast of the Immaculate Conception
Tuesday December 8th (Holy day of Obligation)
Masses same as weekend
Pray for Hannah Uí Shé, Cillirith; Bridie Digby, (nee Moore), Holyoke, USA and late of Brandon.
MASSES/AIFRINN – Second Sunday of Advent
St. Mary’s Church
Multi-Intention 8.00pm 1. Dr. Jim Brosnan, Spa Road.
2. Paudie Garvey, Nellie, Tommy & Jack Evans, Minard.
3. Maureen Geaney, Cluais Móir.
4. Mary O’Donoghue, Baile na Buaile.
5. Patsy Ní Cléirigh and deceased members of the Cleary Family, Baile Móir.
6. Catherine Manning, Killelane.
Sun 6ú 11.30am Mass of Thanksgiving for three parishioners who returned safely from Paris.
Dé Luain 7ú 10am An Díseart.
8.00pm Michael and Mary Lovett, Ballyeightra.
Dé Máirt 8ú 11.30am Feast of The Immaculate Conception.
Wed 9ú 7.30pm Private Intention.
Déard 10ú 10am Tom and Mary Moriarty, Baile na hAbha.
Friday 11ú 7.30pm Thomas O’Halloran and deceased members of the O’Halloran Family, Cuilleanach.
Sat 12ú 8.00pm 1. Tommy Flannery, John St.
Sun 13ú 11.30am Thomas Sheehy, Station Road.
Naomh Caitlín, Fionn Trá
Sath 5ú 6.15i.n. Intinn Príobháideach
Dé Luain 7ú 6.15i.n. Giniúint Gan Smál na Maighdine Beannaithe Muire.
Sath 12ú 6.15i.n. Pádraig Kevane, Com a’ Liaig, MM.
Naomh Eoin Baiste, Lios Póil
Domh 6ú 10am Bridie and Dan Griffin, Deerpark.
Dé Máirt 8ú 10am Feast of The Immaculate Conception.
Domh 13ú 10am Thomas Keane and deceased members of the Keane Family and Tim and Margaret Galvin, Doonties and deceased members of the Galvin Family.
St. Mary’s Confessions: Sat. 10.30am – 11.00am & after Vigil Masses.
Adoration: Dingle Hospital Oratory: Monday 10.30am – 11.30am.
St Mary’s: Tues 10.30am – 10pm; Wed 5.30 -7.30pm. First Friday: 10.30 – 11.30am.
N. Caitlín: Déardaoin 11 r.n. – 12i.n. N. Eoin Baiste: Thursday 11 am – 12 noon
Envelopes: €976; Cash: €749. Total: €1,725. Míle buíochas. Dioc Collection for Kerry Diocesan Youth Service will be taken up this weekend after Communion.
Planned Giving Envelopes 2016
If there are any Parishioners who would like to be included in our Parish Envelopes Scheme for 2016, please contact the Presbytery on 066-9151208 as soon as possible. Míle buíochas to the Teagmhálaí who distribute them on behalf of the Parish. Buíochas ó chroí for your great generosity.
Feast of the Immaculate Conception 7ú/8ú Nollaig 2015
DINGLE: Euch. Ministers’ Team 1: Vigil: Theresa Ashe, Blandina O’Connor, Maura Evans, Marian O’Sullivan, Máire Nic a’ tSíthigh and Ann O’Connor. 11:30am Sr. de Sales, Patricia Williams, Bridie Fitzgerald and Madge Fitzgerald. Collectors’ Team 1; Church Cleaners’ Team 1. Readers: Vigil: Bernie Budhlaeir. 11.30a.m.: Des McQuaid.
LIOS PÓIL: Ministéirí Eoc.: Marie Uí Ghrifín agus Máiréad Uí Ghairbhí.
Léitheoir: Cathy Ní Ghrifín.
FIONN TRÁ: Min. Eoc.: Siobhán Uí Shé. Léitheoir: Cáit Ní Chatháin.
An Deireadh Seachtaine – 12ú/13ú Nollaig
DINGLE: Euch. Ministers’ 2: Vigil Gene Courtney, Veronica Houlihan, Ann Scanlon, Patricia Flannery, Margaret Sheehy, Eileen Courtney. 11:30am Máire Uí Chonchúir, Tracey Sheehy, Ann Begley, Nora Curran. Collectors’ Team 2; Church Cleaners’ Team 2.
Readers: Vigil: Marian O’Sullivan. 11.30a.m.: Margaret Sheehy.
LIOS PÓIL: Min Eoc.: Máire Uí Shé and Treasa Uí Chearbhaill. Léitheoir: Tuismitheoir Rang 2. FIONN TRÁ: Min. Eoc.: Noirín Uí Rocháin. Léitheoir: Pádraig Firtéar.
Invitation: To 40 minutes of Guided Prayer after the 8pm Vigil Mass on
Monday December 7th in St. Mary’s Church.
1. Advent Preparation and for Peace in the World – Adoration will be held on the eve of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception Monday December 7th in St. Mary’s Church. Vigil Mass at 8pm; Guided Prayer at 8.40pm; Benediction 9.25pm. 10.00pm to Midnight Silent Adoration. Fáilte roimh Chách.
2. St Vincent de Paul Annual Appeal: Collections will be taken up at all Churches next weekend December 12th/13th. The Society expects to receive 100,000 requests for assistance between now and Christmas. It is the largest voluntary charitable association in Ireland with a membership of 9,500 volunteers nationwide. For info visit www.svp.ie. NB: Collection Box in St. Mary’s Porch all year round.
3. Christmas Crib 2015: Proceeds will be divided between Sr. Gregory Presentation Sister and Fr. Billy Lovett, Franciscan Missionary in South Africa.
4. Year of Mercy begins with the opening of the Holy Door of Mercy in the Basilica of St. Peter, Dec 8, by Pope Francis. In Kerry, the Holy Door of Mercy will be opened at a special Mass in St. Mary’s Cathedral, Killarney at 5pm on Dec 13th.
5. Parish Visitations: Fr. Joe will continue his visits to Cuan & Raithíneacha.
6. Kerry Coach to Knock Shrine Night Vigil The feast of the Immaculate Conception Mon 7th Dec Coach Departs Tralee at 4:30pm. Contact: 066-7180123.
7. Ardfert Retreat Centre: Year Of Mercy – A Course on Faith: 12 weekly one-and-a-half hour sessions beginning Wed, Jan 20th, 2016. Contact 066 7134 4276.
8. Anam Cara monthly Parent Evening, Tuesday Dec 8th 19:30 to 21:00 in Recovery Haven 5 Haigs Terrace, Killerisk, Tralee, Co. Kerry.
9. 31 Card Drive – Tables of 8 in Bawn’s, Sun Dec 6th at 6pm. Winner takes all.
10. Oíche Bingo: Dé Domh 13ú Nollaig ag 7.30pm i bPobalscoil Chorca Dhuibhne.
11. Dance Classes in jiving, waltzing and quick-stepping every Monday Halla John L Ó Súilleabháin 8pm-10pm. Contact 087-1446038 for information.
12. An Island Community le Mícheál de Mórdha ag seoladh Dé hAoine, 11ú Nollaig, 7.30pm i Drioglann an Daingin, Baile an Mhuilinn. Fáilte roimh chách.
We welcome into the Catholic Church Karlee Jean Danagher-Kelliher, Cluain Coille and Darragh Horgan, Glanmire, Co. Cork.
Machnamh / Reflection
How I wish for silence to come
That my heart may stand still
To rest in Your silence, Lord.
Silence my heart, Lord,
That I may listen to Your will
And not my own,
That I may hear the people around me.
Silence my mind, Lord,
That I may see Your dreams,
And not mine.
Silence: let it come
Into the core of my soul
That I may rest
And stop doubting,
Letting faith grow.
I hear You, Lord,
As my heart stands still
Silence, that fills
A rest I need.