Bliain B – 7ú Nollaig 2014
An Dara Domhnach Den Aidbhint
Bliain B – 8ú Nollaig 2014
Giniúint Gan Smál na Maighdine Beannaithe Muire
Pray for Jackie Healy-Rae, Kilgarvan.
Solas síoraí dá anam.
Priest on Call for the Corca Dhuibhne Pastoral Area is: Fr. Tomás Ó Luanaigh – 066-9151208.
ST. MARY’S CHURCH
Sat/Sath 6ú 8.00pm 1. Paudie Garvey, and deceased members of The Garvey Family and Nellie, Tommy and Jack Evans, Minard, CB.
2. Mary O’Donoghue, Ballinaboula, CB.
3. John and Bridie O’Connor and their daughter Ann, John Street, CB.
4. Catherine Manning, Killelane, CB.
5. Herbert and Mary O’Sullivan, The Mall, CB.
6. Dr. Jim Brosnan, Spa Road, CB.
7. John and Anne Duggan, Douglas, Cork, CB.
Sun 7ú 11.30am Missa Pro Populo
Luain 8ú 1130am Feast of the Immaculate Conception.
4.00pm Coláiste Íde.
8.00pm 1. Michael & Mary Lovett, Baile Íochtarach CB
2. Eileen & James O’Connor, Station Row, CB
3. Maureen O’Sullivan, John St., CB.
Máirt 9ú 10.00am
Wed 10ú 7.30pm Tomás and Máire Ó Muircheartaigh, Baile na hAbhainn, CB.
Déard 11ú 10.00am Thomas O’Halloran, Cuillinagh, CB and deceased members of the O’Halloran Family.
Friday 12ú 7.30pm Tommy Flannery, John Street, CB.
Sat/Sath 13ú 8.00pm 1. Joe and Josie Flannery, Strand St., CB.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Dingle Hospital Oratory: Monday 10.30am – 11.30am.
St Mary’s: Tuesday & Wednesday 10.30am – 10pm.
Every First Friday 10.30 – 11.30am. “Come and See” says the Lord.
Confessions: Sat. 10.30am – 11.00am & after Vigil Masses.
NAOMH EOIN BAISTE, LIOS PÓIL
Dé Domh 7ú 10.00am Liza and Tim Brosnan, Ballybog, CB.
8ú 10.00am Eugene and Joan Griffin, Coumlanders, CB.
Dé Domh 14ú 10.00am Bobby Hickson, The Bridge, MM.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Déardaoin / Thursday 11 am – 12 noon
NAOMH CAITLÍN, FIONN TRÁ
Satharn 6ú 6.15i.n.
Dé Luain 8ú 6.15i.n. Giniúint Gan Smál na Maighdine Beannaithe Muire.
Satharn 13ú 6.15i.n. Páidí Ó Sé, Árd a’ Bhóthair, CB.
Adhradh na Naomh Shacraiminte
Déardaoin / Thursday 11 r.n. – 12i.n.
Planned Giving Envelopes 2015
If there are any Parishioners who would like to be included in our Parish Envelopes Scheme for 2015, please contact the Presbytery on 066-9151208 as soon as possible. Míle buíochas to the Teagmhálaí who distribute them on behalf of the Parish. Buíochas ó chroí for your great generosity.
St Vincent de Paul Annual Appeal
Collections will be taken up at all Churches next weekend December 13th/14th. The Society expects to receive 100,000 requests for assistance between now and Christmas. It is the largest voluntary charitable association in Ireland with a membership of 9,500 volunteers nationwide. For info visit www.svp.ie.
NB: Collection Box in St. Mary’s Porch all year round.
“Let us do without hesitation whatever good lies at our hands.” – Bl. Frederic Ozanam, Founder.
Feast of the Immaculate Conception
8ú Nollaig 2014
DINGLE: Euch. Ministers’ Team 1: Vigil: Theresa Ashe, Blandina O’Connor, Maura Evans, Marian O’Sullivan, Máire Nic a’ tSíthigh and Ann O’Connor. 11:30am Sr. de Sales, Patricia Williams, Bridie Fitzgerald and Madge Fitzgerald. Collectors’ Team 1; Church Cleaners’ Team 1. Readers: 11.30a.m.: Margaret Sheehy. 8.00pm Evening Mass: Paddy Browne.
LIOS PÓIL: Ministéirí Eoc.: Máiréad Uí Chathasaigh and Yvonne Uí Mhainín. Léitheoir: Marie Uí Ghrifín.
FIONN TRÁ: Ministéir Eoc.: Marion Uí Lúing.
Léitheoir: Dónal Ó Ciobháin.
An Deireadh Seachtaine seo chugainn
13ú / 14ú Nollaig 2014
DINGLE: Euch. Ministers’ 2: Vigil Gene Courtney, Veronica Houlihan, Ann Scanlon, Patricia Flannery, Margaret Sheehy, Eileen Courtney. 11:30am Máire Uí Chonchúir, Tracey Sheehy, Ann Begley, Nora Curran. Collectors’ Team 2; Church Cleaners’ Team 2. Readers: Vigil: Tadhg Ó Coileáin. 11.30a.m.: Liz Higgins.
LIOS PÓIL: Ministéirí Eoc.: Anne Prendeville and Bridget Prendeville.
Léitheoir: Theresa Uí Mhuircheartaigh.
FIONN TRÁ: Ministéir Eoc.: Noirín Uí Rocháin.
Léitheoir: Phil Uí Chatháin.
Envelopes: €1,150; Cash: €712. Total: €1,862.
Míle buíochas. Diocesan Collection for the Kerry Youth Services will be taken up this weekend, Dec 6th/7th as a 2nd collection after Communion. The organisation operates 5 youth centres, a variety of projects and supports over 40 youth clubs. Supporting the KDYS is supporting young people and it’s vital that our young people receive the support they deserve.
Lectio Divina continues on Tuesdays, 7.00 – 8.00pm in Fr. Jim’s office in An Díseart. All are welcome.
Youth 2000 Christmas Retreat will take place in Newbridge College, Co. Kildare, from Fri 12th Dec to Sun 14th Dec. Booking required, further information from: http://www.youth2000.ie/events.html
Margadh na Nollag – Ciarraí in Óstán Dingle Bay ar an Domh 7ú Nollaig óna 12.00 – 5.00i.n. Earraí Éireannacha lámhdhéanta. Ceannaigh go háitiúil an Nollaig seo!
31 card game Christmas Hamper: Sunday December 7th at 6pm sharp in The Brewery Gate, Tables of 8.
Coiste na nÓg Lios Póil AGM will take place next Wednesday Dec. 10th in Halla John L. Ó Súilleabháin at 8.30pm. Fáilte roimh cách.
Bingo i bPobalscoil Chorca Dhuibhne ar an nDomhnach, 14 Nollaig @ 7.30 i.n. Go leor duaiseanna agus Pota Óir le buachaint. Bí ann ! Bí linn !
The Feast of the Immaculate Conception December 8th – Holyday of Obligation
Monday, December 8th is a Holyday of Obligation, Masses will be held on the Monday only as follows:
10.00am – Séipéal Naomh Eoin Baiste, Lios Póil.
11.30am – St. Mary’s Church, Dingle.
6.15in – Séipéal Naomh Caitlín, Fionn Trá.
8.00pm – St. Mary’s Church, Dingle.
NB: Monday December 8th is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception – there will be an All Night Vigil, beginning at 9pm, Sunday the 7th. Adoration will be exposed on the Main Altar until 10pm when it will be moved to the side Chapel (Nun’s Chapel) of St. Mary’s. Please include your name on the list at the back of the Church if you are able to attend. Fáilte roimh cách.
Ideal Christmas Gift For All
“Treoraí 7 Laochra an Chreidimh” the “Dingle Parish Directory and Patrons”. We offer you 3 copies for €10 for a publication full of colourful and detailed history and information together with the life story of Patrons as written by our teenagers.
Take a line from God’s Word from the Sunday readings, pray with it on Sunday and act out that Word daily in your own life during the following week.
2nd Sun of Advent ‘Prepare a way for the Lord. Make his paths straight’
Dec 8th Mon: Be with Mary today;
Dec 9th Tue: Straighten the path for those around you today;
Dec 10th Wed: Pray for those whose path in life is difficult;
Dec 11th Thu: Notice how the Lord walks with you every step of this day;
Dec 12th Fri: Prepare your heart for Christ’s coming – take time for prayer;
Dec 13th Sat: Give thanks for all the straight paths you walk today.
Parish Christmas Carols
A programme of Christmas Carols will be presented by Dingle New-Music Choir and Orchestra under the direction of Mr. Gábor Péli on Tuesday December 23rd at 6pm – 7pm in St. Mary’s Church. Fáilte roimh cách.
OUR CHRISTMAS LITURGIES
CONFESSIONS will be held on Tuesday 23rd of December as follows:
Naomh Eoin Baiste, Lios Póil – 7:30pm
Naomh Muire, Dingle – 7:30pm
Séipéal Naomh Caitlín, Fionn Trá Satharn 20ú Nollaig tar éis Aifreann na Bigile ar 6.15i.n.
MASSES will be celebrated for Christmas:
Naomh Caitlín – 8:00i.n. Oíche Nollag
10:00am Lá Nollag
Naomh Eoin Baiste – 8:00pm Christmas Eve
10:00am Christmas Day.
Naomh Muire – 6:15pm Christmas Eve Family Mass when we invite all the young children to bring along the Infant Jesus figure from your Family Crib for a special blessing.
10:00pm Christmas Eve.
11:30am Christmas Day.
Crann Iese – The Jesse Tree
Presented by Candidates for Confirmation
Section A – Creation and Fall
1. Our first symbols tell us the story of creation. The Book of Genesis tells us that God created the heavens and the earth, and that He saw it was good.
2. Adam and Eve, our first parents, were tempted by the serpent to eat the forbidden fruit.
3. The apple reminds us of their sin.
Roinn B – na Patrarcaí
1. Roimh an Díle, ghlaoigh Dia ar Naoi a chlann agus na hainmhithe go léir a shábháil. Thóg sé an áirc. Comhartha dhílseacht Dé an bogha síne.
2. B’é Ábrahám athair losác. Cuireann Dia triail ar Ábrahám agus tá seisean sásta a aon mhac a ofráil go humhal do Dhia. Cuireann an altóir, an t-adhmad agus an tine umhlaíocht Ábrahám i gcuimhne dúinn.
3. Chonaic lacób i dtaibhreamh dréimire a thaispeánann an ceangal eadraínn agus Dia.
Section C – The Law and the Prophets
1. Moses is the abandoned baby in the basket who was chosen to lead God’s people from slavery into the promised land. Although he himself murdered an Egyptian, he obeys God and is chosen to bring us the 10 Commandments.
2. The prophets had a special vocation or calling to prepare the way of the Lord. By sounding the ram’s horn like a trumpet they called the people together to listen to God’s word written on the scroll.
3. David, the son of Jesse, was a shepherd who was called by God to be King. David went against God by sinning seriously, but repented and wrote many of the psalms showing his sorrow and love for God. The harp tells us of his music, and the crown and star show him as king.
Roinn D – Teaghlach Dháibhí
1. Aoire ab ea Dáibhí, mac lese, a ghlaoigh Dia le bheith ína Rí. Bhí Dáibhí easumhal do Dhia mar pheacaigh sé go trom, ach dhein sí aithrí agus scríobh sé a lán de na sailm a nochtann a aithrí agus a ghrá do Dhia. Cuíreann an chruit in iúl gur ceoltóir é, an choróin agus an réalt gur rí é.
2. Eoin Baiste an fáidh mór deiridh. B’é a mhisean an bealach a réiteach d’Íosa tríd an bpobal a ghlaoch ar ais óna bpeacaí. Cuireann an sliogán i gcuimhne dúinn gur bhaist sé Íosa.
3. Rugadh Seosamh de theaghlach Dháibhí. Ba é siúinéir Nasarat é, duine fíréanta.
4. Bhí Muire luaite le Seosamh. Cuireann an lile agus na réaltaí in iúl a naofacht agus a misean le bheith ina máthair ag Emanúél, an Té atá le teacht.
O Come, O Come Emmanuel
O come, O come Emmanuel,
and free your captive Israel
that mourns in lonely exile here
until the Son of God appear.
Rejoice, rejoice O Israel
to you shall come Emmanuel.
O royal branch of Jesse’ tree,
redeem us all from tyranny
From pain of hell your people free,
and over death win victory.
Ardaigh do chroí, a Iosráél,
Chugat thiocfaidh Emanúél (2)
900,000 Fáilte to all our “Other Voices” visitors.